Monday on “Closer Look with Rose Scott”:
- 0:00: “Closer Look” host Rose Scott gives a news brief on Atlanta City Councilmember Cleta Winslow’s announcement that she is offering a $3,000 reward in exchange for information on the suspect who shot into a crowd attending a back to school party at the Atlanta University Center.
- In other news, Georgia Governor Brian Kemp lead a small business roundtable in Peachtree Corners this morning.
- Also, the city of Atlanta is holding a Mobility and Safety Town Hall meeting tonight this evening to creating safer streets.
- 2:52: In recent years, Atlanta has earned the nickname “the Silicon Valley of the South.” But what does it mean to be a ‘tech city’? And what does Atlanta bring to the table that Silicon Valley does not? Last week, “Closer Look with Rose Scott” held conversations with industry leaders and tech workers about how Atlanta’s tech landscape has grown and its future. Today, we revisit some highlights from the series.
- 10:00/31:37: “Closer Look’s” Tech Week series concludes with a conversation with Dr. Kamau Bobb, Global Lead for Diversity Strategy and Research at Google. Dr. Bobb, who is also the founding Senior Director of the Constellations Center for Equity in Computing at Georgia Tech, shares his vision for “citizenship in the modern technopolis” and creating a more diverse and inclusive space in STEM.
Closer Look is produced by Candace Wheeler and Grace Walker. Joy Barge is a contributing producer.